Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fake Fake Fake

Tif-phonie, Kalin Kline, knock offs.............I don't get it.

I was at a party the other evening and a gal proudly showed me her "fake" coach watch, only $35!

Then I got to thinking, what is the appeal of the "fake" product.  Are you actually buying the same quality, craftmenship, and design of the designer brand ?  In that case I would say thumbs up. Or is it a "cheap" poor quality piece of crap that just looks like the "real" thing so you can impress strangers of your wealth.

I'm not saying that spending a lot of money and in some cases it can be a lot of money on designer brands is the way to go.  But you are buying something of value, just don't pay full price.   The piece will be timeless, unlike the fake that will undoubtly be toss in 6 months time by saying it was cheap.

To be there's no value in the money that was spent if you turn around and dismis it after you get bored. 

There's a saying : if you buy quality you'll never regret the money spent,  if you buy poor quality you are constantly reminded of the waste of money spent.  Or something like that.

2 comments:

  1. Buying things to impress others has always baffled me. But I'm with you on buying a quality item that you will enjoy for years to come

    ReplyDelete